is one of the gates not pulled down in the 19th century. It was built at the end of the 13th century and extended in the 14th century. It has a shape of a square with the entrance of a semicircular arcade. In about 1620 a chapel called ‘Na bramce’ (on the gate) was built on it. It is connected with the cult of Mary the Mother of God of Chelmno. There is a mannerist top from about 1620 on the chapel made in a Nederland-Gdansk workshop.
Opening hours: Monday- Sunday 10:00- 17:00
The Marseburg Gate
at the exit of today’s Dominikanska St., within the limits of the monastery complex. It is probably the oldest city gate, it lost its significance in the 14th century, was bricked up and turned into a chapel.
Information: Visiting only after booking beforehand: Zespół Klasztorny, street Dominikańska
The Panienska (Maiden) Tower (3rd Maja Ave.)
Information: Visiting only after booking beforehand “Zastęp Rycerski z Chełmna”, tel. (+48) 501-133-320
The Gunpowder Tower
it was built at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries and later bricked up and made higher. In the Middle Ages it was used to store military equipment and to manufacture gunpowder. After a renovation it was where the Regional Museum was situated from 1977 to 1983. Currently, there is a permanent exposition ‘From the ancient times of Chelmno and the area’ and a modest ethnographic exhibition.
Opening hours: from 1 st June to 31 st August Saturdays 10:30-13:00, remaing months: visiting only after booking beforehand