Publications about Chelmno
- Chelmno… the city of the enamoured; the publication was commissioned by the Chelmno City Council in 2004
The brochure promotes Chelmno as the city of the enamoured. It contains the history of the city and St. Valentine’s relics as well as a description of Chelmno’s architecture. Also, there are amusing sections about education, culture, sports, tourism, industry, and Chelmno love stories. The brochure gives additional addresses and telephone numbers, a city plan, and information about other attractions. It also promotes annual St. Valentine’s Day’s celebrations in Chelmno.
- Chelmno – A Guide, Chelmno 2009, published by PWR in Torun, commissioned by the Chelmno City Council, 60 pages
The guidebook covers the history of the city, its monuments, tourist routes, and describes the flora and fauna of Chelmno and the area. Also, current tourist information can be found there. The book contains many colour photos and drawings. There are Polish, German and English versions available
Chelmno, published by Agencja Reklamowa Pictor in Torun, commissioned by the Chelmno City Council, 20 pages
It is a brochure about Chelmno containing 21 colour photographs with a brief description of the city’s history. There are Polish, English and German versions available.
- Picture albums– I Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2004
– II Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2006
– III Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2007
– IV Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2008
– V Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2009
– VI Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2010
– VII Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2011
– VIII Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2012
– IX Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2013
– X Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2014
– XI Plein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2015
– X IIPlein-air Workshops of Architecture Students – Chelmno, July 2016
Picture albums commissioned by the Chelmno City Council. It contains a collection of 20 works of students of architecture showing charming places in Chelmno and describing the city’s architecture.
- Chelmno – city plan; published by Remedium with cooperation of the Chelmno City Council, Chelmno 2004
It is a detailed plan of the city from 2005 together with the highlighted Old Town. Additionally, there is information about the city at the back of the plan in Polish, German and English.
- Chelmno, published by wyd. PWR Toruń 2008, Chełmno
Colour photographs of Chelmno, at the back – descriptions of the monuments in Polish and English.
- Chelmno in old postcards, edited by E. Gerka, Chelmno 2000
It is a picture album containing 140 reprints of old postcards of Chelmno from the end of the 19th century until World War II. The book is divided into the following sections: Panorama, Rybaki, Main Square, Churches, Bramka, Streets, Cloister, Defensive Walls, Parks, Starosty, Hospital, Schools, Station, Restaurants, and Barracks. Descriptions are in Polish and German. This hardcover album was published by the Chelmno museum.
- Chelmno’s coat of arms – a badge, the Chelmno City Council, 2004
- Historical Atlas of Polish Cities, volume 1, Royal Prussia and Warmia, book 3, Chelmno, edited by A. Czacharowski.
The publication contains the history of the city, 13 pages of city plans and panoramas as well as extensive bibliography.
- Original and renewed Chelmno Rights (1233 and 1251), Zielinska – Melkowska K., Torun 1984, 113 pages.
Published by Torunskie Towarzystwo Kultury within the series Academic Works, published to commemorate 750 years of Torun and Chelmno; Biblioteczka Torunska No. 2. The book presents a historical background of the original Chelmno Rights from 1233, circumstances of its issuing, people connected with this event, its resolutions; circumstances of the renewing of the Chelmno Rights in 1251, people connected with this event; it also presents a comparative analysis of both documents.
- The church of Jacob the Elder and St. Nicolas in Chelmno,
Zielinski M.G., Pelplin 2002, 80 pages
It presents the history of Chelmno’s Post Franciscan church of Jacob the Elder and St. Nicolas since the moment of the arrival of the Franciscans in 1258 until now. The publication is enriched by an interesting illustrative material from the collections of, among others, the National Archives in Torun and The Museum of the Chelmno Land. The work contains historical descriptions of the church and its architectural transformations. In the book the author attempts to reconstruct the furnishings of the temple and its fate after the order’s dissolution in 1806.
- The Catholic Church in 1939-1945 on the territory of the Torun diocese, volume 1, a collective work, edited by Rev. St. Kardasz,
Torun, 1999, 213 pages
The publication gives a general characteristics of the times of war and occupation on the territory of the present Torun diocese as well as a characteristics of individual counties at that time, taking into account the condition of the Church, the parish network, and the clergy (the Brodnicki county, the Chelminski county, the Dzialdowski county, the Grudziacki county, the Nowomiejski county, the Torunski county, and the Wabrzeski county).
- Chelmno on its way to independence, Kaldowski J., Chelmno, 1988, published by the Museum of the Chelmno Land
- Antoni Piotrowicz the painter 1869-1923, Kaldowski J., Chelmno 1986, published by the Museum of the Chelmno Land, 16 pages
Published as one of the series of museum books titled “Distinguished people of Chelmno”. The author prepared a short biographical entry of this painter whose collection of works is displayed in the Museum of the Chelmno Land.
- Ignacy Danielewski the author of “Wisla”, Kaldowski J., Chelmno 1986, published by the Museum of the Chelmno Land, 16 pages
Published as one of the series of museum books titled “Distinguished people of Chelmno”. The author prepared a short biographical entry of this columnist and editor, the author of “Wisla” – the song which is now Chelmno’s buggle call.
- Walenty Fialek – a printer, publisher and bibliophile of Pomerania, Pieniazek M., Chelmno 2002, 52 pages.
The book was published to commemorate the 150th birthday anniversary and the 70th death anniversary of Chelmno’s biggest bibliophile Walenty Fialek. The work presents his biography, publishing and bibliophile activity, his collections and achievements. The book is enriched by photographic material.
- The Museum of the Chelmno Land, Drapczynski T., Gerka E., Soborska – Zielinska A., Pelplin 1996, 31 pages
It is a guide to permanent exhibitions in the Museum of the Chelmno Land. Additionally, the authors included biographical entries of the most distinguished citizens of Chelmno.
- The Museum of the Chelmno Land, a leaflet published to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the establishing of the museum, published by the Museum of the Chelmno Land, 2003
- Guilds of Torun and Chelmno. An outline of history, Tandecki J.,
Torun 1983, 101 pages
The book published by the Torun Cultural Society in the series Academic Works, published to commemorate the 750th anniversary of the existence of Torun and Chelmno; the Torun Library No. 7. The book presents the history of craft in Torun and Chelmno from the Middle Ages until the 1970’s. The publication has been supplemented with an interesting illustrative material from the collection of the District Museum in Torun.
- From the history of the Secondary School in Chelmno, Rafinski S., Bydgoszcz 2002, 143 pages
The book presents the history of the Chelmno Secondary School since 1837 until now. Additionally, there lists of the graduates since 1839 until 2002 and lists of the teachers working in this school.
- Chelmno’s monuments and commemorative plaques, Chelmno 2001,Soborska – Zielinska A., 220 pages
The work presents existing and nonexistent monuments and commemorative plaques of Chelmno since 1674 until 2001. Each of the objects is discussed according to the following scheme: location, the date of unveiling, designer – maker, dimensions, description of the plaque, and description of the ceremony, historical outline, and bibliography.
- From the past of Chelmno photography, Soborska – Zielinska A.,
Chelmno 1998, 29 pages.
The work presents the history of Chelmno photographic ateliers since 1852 until 2000 along with the list of photographic ateliers and the dates of their activity and bibliography.
- Chelmno standards. An outline of the history, Grzeszna A.,
Chelmno 2000, 76 pages.
The work presents the history of Chelmno standards since the beginning of the 15th century until the year 2000.
- Parks and Gardens of Chelmno, Soborska – Zielinska A.,
Chelmno 1999, 40 pages
The work includes the history and today of Chelmno park landscaping. Supplemented with a map of current parks and gardens of Chelmno.
- Chelmno on camera, International Photographic Meeting of Youth 2004, published by the Catholic Secondary School of Pallotines in Chelmno, Gorna Grupa 2004
- St. Mary’s Sanctuary in Chelmno, Marszalek J., published by the Parish Section of the Catholic Action by the parish of St. Mary’s Assumption in Chelmno, , 2000
The publication presents the history of the parish church and a cult of St. Mary the Sorrowful of Chelmno.
- Plyn, o polska piesni plyn. Singing societies of Chelmno in the years 1920-1939, Stanecki J., Bydgoszcz 1988, 148 pages
The publication discusses the activity of Chelmno singing societies between 1920 and 1939 supplemented by illustrative materials and extensive bibliography.
- Kashubian 66th, Krasucki St., Bydgoszcz 1998, 304 pages
Plus illustrations and maps. The history of the regiment drawn up on the basis of the materials provided by the members of the Association of the Soldiers of the J. Pilsudki’s Kashubian 66th Regiment in Chelmno. The author presented the history of the regiment since the moment of its creation in 1919 until the World War II. The book contains numerous illustrations and lists of names.
- Visiting places connected with the Pomeranian Cavalry Regiment, Malkowski W., 2001, 58 pages
These are memoirs of a participant of the Wojciech Malkowski’s 1st Long-distance Cavalry Tour. It is a patriotic and sports event – the participants had to follow the footsteps of the Pomeranian Cavalry Regiment from Krojanty to Komancza between 1st September and 6th October 2001.
- Epitaph, Cwikowski W., 166 pages. Poetry of Capt.
Witold Cwikowski – a lecturer of the Cadet School No. 2 in Chelmno, accompanied by a biographical note edited by the poet’s son.
- My returns to the past, A. Czarnik, Slupsk 2005
Interesting memoirs presenting the life of Chelmno between WWI and WWII, the occupation and the first years after WWII through the eyes of a young man.
- I will go anywhere, Kilian M., Chelmno 2002, 87 pages
The author searches for a number of questions answers concerning the existential nature of man – the aim and the sense of life. Based on facts, the reader witnesses the fate of the main protagonists – two young people. The author seems to be asking if there is fate. – What happens regardless of our will. In a very unconventional way, the writer draws our attention to the richness of Chelmno’s culture – a small but very charming city.
Kilian M., “Indian summer threads”.
Kilian M., “She danced barefoot”.
- Beautiful and noble. Secondary school years 1930-1938. Memories and reflections, Wilinski H., Szczecin 1998, 92 pages
The author of the book – Hilary Wilinski – a former pupil of the Male Secondary School in Chelmno remembers the time he spent there.
- The Chelmno District, Torun 2000, 24 pages
A historical outline of the Chelmno District, statistical data and practical information for tourists. In Polish and German. An advertising brochure of the Chelmno District.
- A guide to the state of environment of the Chelmno District, a collective work, Chelmno 2000, 76 pages
It contains general characteristics of the district, natural advantages, and the state of forests, water, earth, air and characteristics of wastes, noise, environmental hazards, ecological education and the District Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Economy.
- The Valley of Lower Wisla – a topographic-tourist map,
Swiecie 2004, scale 1:60000
A two sided map shows the whole complex of Chelmno and Nadwislanski Landscape Park together with many interesting illustrations and text presenting the history of the park and many environmental advantages of the area. Interesting graphics. In Polish and English.
- The Cuiavian-Pomeranian Voivodship
An interesting and original map along with tourist information about interesting places of the voivodship.
- The Cuiavian-Pomeranian Voivodship for Everyone, W.Bykowski
A guidebook around the most interesting places of the voivodship.
- Castles and strongholds. From Malbork to Torun, Sypek A., Sypek R.,
1st edition, 154 pages
A tourist-historical guidebook, one of the series of guidebooks to castles and strongholds. It contains many colour illustrations, maps and reconstructions.
- City halls in Poland, Warsaw 2000
A beautiful album presenting the most impressive city halls in Poland. In Polish, German and English.
- Autumn 1939 – Documentation of the first months of German occupation in Pomerania, Torun 1989
- The return – Documentation of legislating independence in Pomerania in 1918-1920, Torun 1988
- A list of maps and plans
Pojezierze Brodnickie – a map
Pojezierze Ilawskie i Olsztynskie – a map
Olsztyn – a road map
Brodnica – a topographic map, 1:200
Brodnica – a topographic map, 1:200
Chojnice – a topographic map, 1:200
Grudziadz – a topographic map, 1:200
Puck and Gdansk – a topographic map, 1:200
Bydgoszcz – a topographic map, 1:100
Chojnice – a topographic map, 1:100
Grudziadz – a topographic map, 1:100
Kolobrzeg – a topographic map, 1:100
Koszalin – a topographic map, 1:100
Gdansk – a topographic map, 1:100
Elblag – a topographic map, 1:100
Tczew – a topographic map, 1:100
the area of Bydgoszcz – a tourist map
the area of Warsaw – a tourist map
the Baltic coast, Kashubia, Cuiavia
the Sniardwy lake – a tourist map
the Mamry lake – a tourist map
the Baltic coast – a road map
the Tatra Montains and Podhale – a tourist map
Sudety – a tourist map
Gory Walbrzyskie i Kamienne
Gorce – a tourist map
Gory Swietokrzyskie – a tourist map
Bieszczady – a tourist map
Karkonosze Czeskie – a ski map
Ziemia Klodzka – a tourist map
Poland – a map of regions 1:8
Poland – a map of castles
Poland – a map of environment protection
Poland – centers of religious cults
Poland – an administrative map
Czech Republic – a road map
Italy – a road map
Slovakia – a road map
UK – a road map
Benelux – a road map
France – a road map
Europe – a road map
Spain and Portugal
The Holy Land
A Guidebook to India
Accommodation: Bydgoszcz, Torun, Wloclawek
Swiecie – a city plan
Bydgoszcz – a city plan
Warszawa – a city plan
Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot – a city plan
Katowice – a city plan
Wroclaw – a city plan
Lodz – a city plan
Poznan – a city plan
Krakow – a city plan
Olsztyn – a city plan
Lublin – a city plan
Szczecin – a city plan
Wilno – a city plan